Monday 12 September 2011

And the Dissertation Looms...



Today brought back the brutal reality of a dissertation looming, I received an email from Brunel with the year three timetable. The hair brushes and the make-up must be pushed to the side of the desk for a while; as I start to rack my brain for ideas for the most important performance I will have done so far. I am going into my third year at uni, and I am a drama student. This means, I am lucky enough to have the choice of a written or practical dissertation. Obviously, I have chosen the practical option. Personally the thought of sitting down and writing a ten thousand word essay makes me want to cry. Now, a dissertation calls for much thought and preparation. With long rehearsals in any type of space we can find; and script after script must be ripped into and stripped for parts. Now the problem lays in the fact that in my A-level class there were only four girls. This proved difficult to find sutiable scripts with four equally important female roles. So naturally for my dissertation I chose to be in a group of three girls. Clever. No, this will be a good thing. I'm in a group with Lexi & Esin, both very talented girls at drama. Brunel encourages all types of theatre, but usually, what we have found is the stranger or (out of the box) the performance the better the mark. So pass me some scripts and bring on the creative flow...



No comments:

Post a Comment