Tuesday 6 September 2011

27th August 1991, 31st August 1990, 10th September 1990



30th August 2011-
Today is the first of the birthday celebrations. This is taking place in Luton, In the Wigmore Arms. This is Sophie's current work place & due to her recent offer to work in the Student Union Bar on campus, 'Loco's' this year; she is leaving the Wigmore Arms and wants to take advantage of the 50% off discount on the food before she leaves. So in this case I'm not complaining! Pass me the Food and the Wine! :) Joining me in the first of many celebrations is Emmy, Miss Emma I'Anson. ROAD TRIP!!
I am also very excited to be giving Soph her birthday presents today! I ended up getting her the following...

1) A designer DKNY handbag. I am majorly 'Jel' about this present.  It is a dark grey patent 'Shopper' bag. Now I know the word 'Shopper' makes the bag suddenly seem, dare I say slightly ‘cheap’ sounding. Though I can assure you, this was in no way a cheap bag, nor does it look in anyway ‘cheap’ looking. The bag is also MASSIVE! Sophie did say to me a few months ago, when she first expressed that she wanted a designer bag for her birthday- "I just want any designer bag really. I know they are really expensive, but I just want any designer bag. Trouble is, I only want a huge one, not a small one. So I’m thinking, I’m defiantly not going to be getting a bag. Guess an iPod will do!"
So the surprise element for her when I bring out the absolutely enormous and delicious DNKY bag hopefully should be a pretty class one!
2) As I've said before Sophie appreciates any comical present. This next present is exactly what this. A lap tray, with a picture of a massive Fry up on it. Now there is a story behind the fact I brought her a tray. It’s not simply a fetish of Sophie’s that she has a particular thing for trays or anything. The story of why I have brought her a tray is the following...  
It was a Wednesday night, Liquid Night, Fussy Logic night, Party Night, Night out, whatever you want to call it. Lauren Taylor, Loz (House Mate number 2) had 5 of her girls from home down. They had been out to Liquid night club with us, and had left around 15 minutes earlier than we had. Esin, Sophie and Myself arrived home in the taxi, with I would like to add, with a chicken burger and chips from the Kebab shop in hand (They are so bloody good, they deserve a mention) When we are standing outside the house we see every single window in the house is wide open. The curtains are all pulled back, and the lights off. It’s December, and it’s freezing! Why on earth are ALL the windows wide open, in our house that takes a good month to heat up properly, we ask ourselves. We embark to walk into the house and Loz, and her friends are sitting in darkness in the ice bucket, which is the living room. There is an extremely strong smell of burning. Not just burning food though, burning plastic! It turns out that Loz, upon returning home, decided she wanted to put a pizza in the oven. She did so, but instead of putting the pizza on what she thought was a pizza tray, turned out it was Sophie's plastic dinner tray. Which as you can imagine melted in the oven, causing a cloud of black smoke spreading through the house. The funniest part of this was that it wasn't the cloud of black smoke forming through the house that lead Loz to realise it was burning. In fact it was only when Loz's friend said "Loz, it smells like the pizza's burning" Loz replied with "No, it’s just that oven, it always smells like that!".  Sophie was truly hurt that her tray had died in such a grotesque manner. I have never seen anything take such a hit to Sophie as when she found out it had been her tray that had burnt. It bothered her for the rest of the year as she would drop the whole “I can’t believe it was MY tray!” and “I’m going to go eat dinner in the living room on my lap...oh wait, no, no I’m not!!” . So it only felt right that she was to receive a brand new, shiny one for her 21st birthday.

3) A Photo book, just a little mix of all photos since our fresher year at uni, with the added commentary from myself.


4) Some super fit ass natural soaps. Orange and! Lemon and Tea tree (Soph is the Biggest Tea Tree fan)


5) Obviously lots of food, drinks and one enormous birthday cake!

1 comment: