Friday 9 March 2012

Oz is calling....

Since my new lease of life I have been able to rediscover the way forward in life.
It is not about planning every single mini second by lists and charts. Because I have recently learnt, if things change, which they do, its scary as hell.
So i have scrapped the lists...how ever hard that might be.
The 'Lamb' Lexi has been planning her year (lifetime) trip to Australia for October 2012. 
Everything I have ever 'thought' I wanted, would keep me away from travelling for a year, even though I would love to just pack up leave.
Now, Lexi being the free spirit which she is, will go over to Oz with the intention of coming home after a year; however the reality is she will fall in love (with a man or simply the weather)
and never ever return. 

I have an interview For London Collage of Fashion on Wednesday and I'm also applying for a job as a project co-coordinator at Brunel. 
Though I'm starting to think I just want to go to Oz.
The thought of promoting a new beach bar, on Surfers paradise in jean shorts and baggy strap, whilst the sun beams down rays that only Blackpool can dream of seems much more appealing.



So in true Benbow fashion, we started discussing this. Lexi and Myself sitting down over a few glasses of vodka cranberries and letting our imaginations go mad over what Australia has to offer half of the Benbow team. 
We had unknowingly to us planted a seed.
Sophie who has recently bagged herself a nice full time job for British Airways, serving high class service to the rich in the sky, had been listening to our conversations. 
Sophie loves the idea of travelling, hence the job. 
Then the thought of her coming along with us on the trip of a lifetime seemed simply just too appealing.

So what turned into a little idea or a 'could do I guess' 
has turned into
three of the four applying for working/travelling visas and paying the ridiculously expensive fee to be Australian Benbow Girls come end of October 2012

Oz, I hope your ready.
;) 



2 comments:

  1. Aw good luck, I'm going over to Oz in 4 weeks for 6 months! Can't wait! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh really? are you travelling? thats so good!! Good Luck to you too!! xx

      Delete