Wednesday 4 April 2012

Bush to Blue to Perfect BeneBrow



Throughout history eyebrows have always been an important part of a woman's face. After all they help to frame the most important part..the eyes. 
Eyebrows help to support your face, as well as your personality. They can be sexy, girly and professional. 
You only really tend to notice eyebrows when they haven't been shaped. We all know when that woman that catches your eye when your walking down the street because..
'something doesn't look right, but you just can't put your finger on what it is.' 
Most probs it will be her brows. 

So I personally was over the moon to know...

My beautiful Benefit counter has a new Brow Bar added to it! 
This is a new feature to the store and relatively new in the Benefit world. This is an exiting feature for us as a counter, as it means more customers and more services to show to our existing customers! Now obviously as a walking advertisement for Benefit we have to look the part, as well as know the products. This called for one thing...
Eyebrow trimming time!
Kill me now. 





I'm not a huge fan of my eyebrows being done, as I either sneeze constantly throughout or it is simply too painful. 
This time however, I didn't get a choice. 
My regional manager was introducing us, the new team together when she said....

"Right were going to have lots of fun today, working with products, traffic stopping and promoting the brand-spanking-new Brow Bar"
We all smiled and nodded along. She then followed with...
"Which means we are going to take a look at you're brows Eve, get them shaped, tinted and waxed! Isn't that exciting!"

That is a classic awkward moment when you are the victim of a 'Subtle' hint, or not so subtle as the case may be.

So I was popped onto the Brow Bar seat and was preped for the treatment I was about to undergo. Okay, so I'll admit I did have slightly shocking brows, I'm not talking horrific, but they needed a good seeing to.
The pressure of my regional manager's presence was clearly getting to the newly hired brow therapist, she was put under a time limit to complete the treatment and was being watched at every step of her 'Wow Brows'.
I firstly have to say, I have never ever had my eyebrows tinted, personally I wouldn't have thought I needed to seeing as my eyebrows are black. This in turn meant that I wouldn't have a clue what to look for when I was getting tint applied to my eyebrows. 
About 40 seconds into the tint having been applied, I looked in the mirror to see my skin around the brows turning blue, yes BLUE. 
It turns out that under the pressure of the day, the brows girl had put a blue/black tint on my brows, causing the skin around my eyes to take a little too well to the colour...leaving them stained blue.
Just a perfect way to start at my new counter
My first initial thought was 
"How am I going to get anyone to buy anything off me...when I have blue on, and around my eyebrows", in real terms ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!!

However

My professional brain thankfully kicked in and I tried to make light of the situation as the brow girl nervously laughed saying to the manager
"Oh, She loves them, really....she does"
as my regional manager quickly scans the draw of tints for the correct shade and a remover.
They didn't have a black shade it turns out,
and thankfully the blue came off
So now I have very, very beautiful brows to the Benefit standard 
'Benefit Brow Arch' 

Perfection!

This mistake will only ever happen once, and thankfully it was on me. For the rest of the day the brow girl was waxing/ tinting perfection onto people's faces and I really do believe the Benebrow is a skill.

The Benebrow Bar is a brilliant addition to the Benefit counter. The services they offer are....

*Lip Wax
*Chin Wax
*Eye Brow Wax
*Eye Brow Tint
*The Magic 4-Which is all four treatments together

So if your feeling like you want to experience the 'Brow Wow', without the blue. (Unless that's your style)
google your local benefit with Brow Bar and rep the most beautiful eyebrows in town.


Benebow at it's finest!

No comments:

Post a Comment